The Podunk Bluegrass Festival has announced the finalists in their 2016 Songwriters Contest. The three selected songwriters will perform their songs at the festival on August 13 on the main stage in Hebron, CT.
In addition to cash prizes and tickets to next year’s events, the winner has the honor of theirs being a required song in the 2017 Telefunken Band Competition, also held each year during the Podunk festival.
The 2016 finalist are:
- Kevin T. Hale – West Lake Village, CA: I Paid for Your Sins on Calvary
- David McKeon – Astoria, NY: Sweet Annie Mae
- Eben Salter – Gales Ferry, CT: The Old Iron Gate
The first place writer will receive $200, a Premium Ticket for 2 to the 2017 Podunk Bluegrass Festival, and a festival T-shirt. Second place takes $100 and a pair of three day general admission tickets to the festival, and third gets $50 and a pair of general admission tickets good for any day of the festival next year.
This year’s band competition will include the following bands, all of whom will perform the 2015 winning song, Sunny Side of Town, written by Geoff Bartley of Framingham, MA.
- Damn Tall Buildings – Boston, MA,
- Five In The Chamber – New Haven, CT
- Man About a Horse – Philadelphia, PA
- Mile Twelve – Allston, MA
The winner of the band competition will receive a Telefunken microphone valued at $1200.
The Podunk Bluegrass Festival runs from August 11-14 at the Hebron Lions Fairgrounds in Hebron, CT. Full details can be found online.