Colorado banjoist Jake Schepps is offering a free sampler of the music he has been working on of late, as a tease for his new subscription service, Round Window Radio.
We live in a challenging time for musical artists, where the sorts of income streams that had once provided dependable support for their efforts are now drying up. Jake’s idea was to invite people to subscribe to Round Window Radio to receive access to his music as soon as it is completed, paying a small $4.00/month fee for the privilege.
In addition to subscriber exclusive content, there are also special member bonus tracks from Jake’s back catalog and a 30% discount on items in his previous recordings of classical music for traditional string band.
The sampler includes excerpts from 8 recent pieces Schepps has recorded, both modern classical compositions for banjo and established works from the vast canon of classical music.
- Shitkicker Baiao by Bill Kopper
- The Oquirrh Ridge Drifter by Matt Flinner
- Banjerous Liaisons by Eric Thorin
- Fantasia No. 1 by Henry Purcell
- Diabinho Maluco by Jacob do Bandolim
- Flower Myth by Jake Schepps
- Farewell Blues by Mares, et.al. (but like the Scruggs version)
- The Seasons, X: October by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
Round Window Radio Spring 2016 Sampler by Jake Schepps
If you feel so inspired by the Sampler, you might consider whether $4.00 each month to support this pursuit of new music for banjo fits your pocketbook.
You can find full details online.