Dennis Jones with WNCW in Spindale, NC sent along an advance copy of Goin’ Across The Mountain Live – Volume 3, which will be offered as a premium for station supporters in 2009.
The 15 tracks were all recorded and broadcast live during episodes of Goin’ Across The Mountain, which airs on WNCW every Saturday from 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
The station’s Studio B is a first class recording facility and the audio quality of these live cuts is superb. The show attracts the very best performers in bluegrass and old time music, and the acts featured on this CD reflect the quality and diversity of music Goin’ Across The Mountain presents.
- Balsam Range – Julie’s Train
- Seth Taylor and Danielle Bishop – Washington County
- The Infamous Stringdusters – You Can’t Handle The Truth
- Laura Boosinger and Josh Goforth – Single Girl
- Mountain Heart – You’d Better Run
- Danny Paisley & The Southern Gras – The Room Over Mine
- The Farewell Drifters – Somewhere Down The Road
- Grasstowne – Here Comes That Feelin’ Again
- Wayne and Kristin Benson – Spindale
- Last Road Bluegrass Band – One Foot In The Mill
- Cody Shuler and Pine Mountain Railroad – My Eyes Shall Be On Canaan’s Land
- Steep Canyon Rangers – Call The Captain
- Songs From The Road Band – Taxman
- The Snyder Family Band – Daniel Prayed
- Walkin’ Home – Salt Creek
To get a copy of this CD, contact WNCW and make a donation to support their top notch broadcasting – which is also streamed live online. In the pre-drive period (until March 28) a donation of $50 will get you this album as a premium; after that it will be $60.
We can each decide for ourselves whether a station that broadcasts 8 hours of bluegrass and traditional music on Saturdays (with more on Sundays) is worthy of our financial support. I’ll just say that Goin’ Across The Mountain Live – Volume 3 is a fine inducement.
To get a copy now, contact the station by phone (Diane Dezio – 828-287-8000).