Andy Ridenour, who hosts a three-hour broadcast on Thursdays at WAMU’s Bluegrass Country, will be stepping away from the microphone after his stint this week on August 20.
He is suffering from tinnitus, a most annoying condition where the brain perceives a sound, usually a buzzing or ringing, when there is no external stimuli. One can imagine how unpleasant that would be while wearing headphones.
Andy has spent most of his adult life working in radio ad television and will remain with the station on a volunteer, off-air basis.
To fill his slot, Bluegrass Country will air an encore presentation of Mike Kear’s Music From Foggy Hollow from noon to 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Mike is a New Zealander living in Australia whose show goes out initially on Sydney’s Hawkesbury Radio, before being rebroadcast online by WAMU.
The station has also announced a few changes to their Saturday lineup.
- Midnight -1:00 a.m.: last hour of Friday’s Ray Davis Show Vintage Programming
- 1:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m.: American Routes
- 3:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m.: Al Steiner Show (rebroadcast)
- 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.: Open Mic
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Gary Henderson Show LIVE
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Old Home Place (Rebroadcast)
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Ramona Martinez Show LIVE
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Trail Ride LIVE
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Thistle & Shamrock
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Editor’s Picks
- 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Bluegrass Review
- 9:00 p.m. – Midnight: Brad Kolodner Show (rebroadcast)
WAMU’s Bluegrass Country can be heard in the metro DC market at 105.5 FM, HD Radio 88.5 channel 2, or via online streaming worldwide.