Earlier this month we brought you news of the European Booking Network Notice Board, one initiative that came from the European Bluegrass Summit that took place early in February at Buhl/Baden (Germany).
The summit considered in depth six topics, namely ‚Ä¶‚Ä¶
- Associations and their relationships
- Internet-based, inclusive networking (hub)
- The involvement of young people in bluegrass
- Lobbying, fund raising, and marketing on a continental scale
- The use and significance of the term ‘European World of Bluegrass’
- Continent-wide booking
Other aspects relating to bluegrass in Europe were set aside due to lack of time during the two-day event.
In concluding, the attendees provided a country-by-country review of the current European market for bluegrass and gave their individual impressions of what had been achieved
A full report, in the form of the minutes of the meeting, is now available online at the European Bluegrass Music Association website (opens as a PDF).