While finishing up his next album, a Ralph Stanley tribute project, Don Rigsby is working as a hired gun this summer. In addition to shows with Big Country Bluegrass, Don has signed on for a string of dates with The David Thom Band in July and August.
Thom and Co. will be out promoting his latest CD, That Old Familiar, released late in 2011. Well known out west from his work with the David Grisman Bluegrass Experience, and his own band, David will be spreading his music over the southern and central parts of the US this summer.
Shows with Don on mandolin and tenor vocal include:
- July 27: Salt River Acres BG Fest – Shepherd, MI
- July 28: Bell’s Brewery , Kalamazoo, MI
- August 2: Founder’s Brewery – Grand Rapids, MI
- August 4: Willie’s Locally Known – Lexington, KY
- August 5: TBA – Lexington, KY
You can find more details online.