David Grisman is among the list of judges for the upcoming 2007 Independent Music Awards. It seems they like to choose mandolin players to represnt bluegrass and acoustic music, as Chris Thile was a judge at the 2006 IMAs. The IMAs are intended to provide real career opportunities for the winners. The winners will be strongly promoted to over 9 million music fans through print, radio, and online promotions via the events co-sponsor, Border’s Books & Music.
The IMAs recognizes excellence in Music, Music Promotion, Packaging and Merch Design. The program’s year-long marketing campaigns, partnerships and distribution alliances put IMA Winners and Finalists in front of millions of music fans and industry decision makers around the world.
Some of the benefits awarded to winners are:
- Featured in the 2007 edition of The Musician’s Atlas
- Artists info will be posted on the IMA online jukeboxes. The jukeboxes also include clickable links to artist websites.
- More than 9 million Borders Books and Music customers, music fans and industry pros will be directed to the IMA jukeboxes via targeted promotions throughout the year.
- Promoted in print, broadcast and online media campaigns.
- Their CDs will be available for sale at BordersStores.com.
- 10,000 copies of the IMA Winners CD will be distributed to music fans and industry movers and shakers at music conferences, festivals and other events throughout the year.
- The IMA CD compilation will be promoted to college radio stations throughout North America