Their Safe Jam Contest is offering prizes of Dr. Banjo merchandise for the best video of people jamming on bluegrass in a safe and socially-distanced manner.
All you need to do to enter is create a video of your jam, and then post it to either YouTube or Facebook. Once you complete the online entry form, your jam will be entered to win the following prizes.
- First Prize: 3 Jam videos + 3 JAM Songbooks + 3 Let’s Pick t-shirts
- Second Prize: 2 Jam videos + 2 JAM Songbooks + 2 Let’s Pick t-shirts
- Third Prize: 1 Jam video + 1 JAM Songbook + 1 Let’s Pick t-shirt
Pete says that entries will be judged on a combination of viral safety, performance quality, and how well the video looks.
- Safety (50 points): Distanced outside or distanced inside with masks
- Music quality (25 points): “If it sounds good it must be good.”
- Video quality (15 points): Clear and steady video, good sound quality, can hear the singers and soloists
- Entertainment value (10 points): Humor/attire/attitude?
So invite some friends over, practice your favorite song, and get that video uploaded.
Full details can be found online.