He, and his trusty road band, will hit Asheville, NC starting on August 18, and play four other southern cities over the following week. Along for the ride will be guitarist Frank Rische, fiddler George Jackson, mandolinist Drew Matulich, and bassist Royal Masat.
Tuttle has built a solid resume since spending two years at the Berklee College of Music in 2011, working with Peter Rowan, Jim Lauderdale, Big & Rich, Hayseed Dixie, and the Rebecca Frazier Band. He teaches banjo lessons online, and writes regularly for Banjo NewsLetter.
Bobcat features a dozen new tunes for banjo, ten of them Kyle’s. He is offering a free download of the more-or-less title track, Bobcat On The Banjo, which you can hear and download below.
Dates for the Bobcat tour include:
- August 18 – Asheville, NC – Altamonte Theatre
- August 19 – Bluffton, SC – The Roasting Room
- August 20 – Fernandina Beach, FL – Fireside Sounds
- August 21 – Atlanta, GA – Red Light Cafe
- August 22 – Nashville, TN – fooBAR
Find out more about Tuttle and his music online.