The International Bluegrass Music Association has announced the writers invited to showcase new songs during the 2013 World of Bluegrass Convention in Raleigh, NC this September.
Participants for this annual event are chosen from among entires submitted to the organization each Spring, as judged by a volunteer jury of writers.
Criteria for judging are:
- Representation of the bluegrass genre
- Potential appeal (Are they likely to draw the interest of recording artists and to get airplay by bluegrass broadcasters?)
- Quality of work (lyrics, melody)
- Entertainment value
Hosting this year’s showcase, which is slated for Thursday (9/26) at 1:00 p.m. in the Raleigh Convention Center, will be Kathy Kallick, Kelsi Harrigill and Wayne Taylor.
Songs and writers to be presented include:
- Footprints Left Below – Hugh Campbell
- Train of Trouble – J Cadley
- Double or Nothin – Mark Rigney and Stephen Mougin
- Losing You – John Cionca
- Come to Rest – Martha Trachtenberg
- Turn Away – Lilly Drumeva
- Tenth Day of September – David Morris and John Miller
- Carolina Waltz – Patrick Crouch
- Lightning – Robert Starnes
- This Dance – Justin Hiltner
Potential alternates are:
- Imaginary Friend – Steve Bonafel
- Moonshine Land – Richard Hamilton
- Cloud of Dust – John Cloyd Miller
- Here It Comes – David Thom
- Second Hand Roses – Cecilia Russell
The room number for this, and all the other daytime events during World of Bluegrass, will be provided in the official program.