Here’s our annual reminder that this Friday (1/15) is the postmark deadline for any bands or artists who would like to submit an application to showcase at IBMA 2010. These showcase appearances will put you in front of a great many industry decision-makers, and many new and established groups have benefited tremendously from the experience.
As a reminder, here are the criteria the organization uses to make their selections, along with submission instructions.
The showcases are designed to introduce any one or all of the following to the bluegrass industry:
- Emerging talent capable and willing to broaden their market
- Established bands who have significant changes in their act
- Artists who have significant, new recorded product.
The board-appointed Talent Committee’s selection process involves a fair, but subjective evaluation based on each applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal and quality of work. Depending on the number of acts which apply, the selection process takes approximately three months. IBMA makes the full selection criteria available upon request.
Any act wishing to showcase at the 2010 IBMA Business Conference should submit the following to IBMA by January 15, 2010:
- Five complete promotional packages for each act making application. Must include a CD work representative of the act. May be a demo, studio cuts not yet released or a completed project (please remove any shrink wrapping)
- If sending a demo or non-completed work, you are encouraged to express to the committee the status of the work and/or expected completion/release.
- Complete contact information on the group
- A $25 application fee, payable to IBMA.
Send all submission packages to:
IBMA Talent Committee
2 Music Circle South, Ste. 100
Nashville, TN 37203 USA
This year’s World Of Bluegrass will run from September 27 through October 2.