Over this past weekend, the North Florida Bluegrass Association held elections to determine its leadership for the next year. The group has been together and promoting bluegrass in both north and central Florida, and southeast Georgia, for more than 30 years.
Popular Florida entertainer and festival promoter, Ernie Evans, shared the names of their 2017 Board of Directors with us, as well as these words about the organization.
“Our mission is to protect, preserve and promote bluegrass music for future generations to enjoy. I have been a member for almost 20 years and have seen many great things happen to our industry as a result of the hard work and dedication this organization has to offer. In the past, I have had the honor of serving in many positions from band coordinator to the President. It is again an honor to serve as Vice President and work along side such dedicated folks. The future for bluegrass in Florida will take work and is thankfully in great hands.”
Below are the new and returning board members who take office January 2017:
NFBA elected Officers and Board Directors
- President: Toby Vanderbilt
- Vice President: Ernie Evans
- Sect/Treasurer: Vannessa Drummond
- Newsletter Editor: Ernie Evans
- Asst. Editor: Dennis Burke
- Membership: Wayne Loggins
- Merchandise: Joanne Fussell
- Band Coordinator: Don Pierce
- Web Master/Historian: Dennis Burke
- Event Coordinator: Harry Stewart
- Food/ Beverage Dir: Keith Pace
- Publicity Director: Ernie Evans
- Chaplain: John “Mack” Hendry
Evans had some great personal news as well when his doctors declared him cancer-free about a bout with bladder cancer that required both surgery and ongoing therapy. Well done Ernie!