Next month, multi-talented multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz will be making her first ever tour of the UK.
The young Texas singer-songwriter released her second album, Follow Me Down, in May. It was met with much acclaim in the UK music press, just as it was in the States.
MOJO magazine gave the album four stars (out of five) and enthused…
“Her covers – Radiohead’s The Tourist, Bob Dylan’s Ring Them Bells – are admirably reshaped, while her originals, including a sprightly Come Around and Annabelle Lee, a song prompted by an Edgar Allan Poe poem, are outstanding.”
UNCUT (three out of four stars) said…
“Her aching voice is more lived in than her years suggest, as on the lovely Run Away, while the string-baked instrumentation is often dizzying”.
Commencing on 14 July, Jarosz will make one appearance in Scotland before doing eight shows in England. Details of tour dates are as follows …
- July 14 – CAA Glasgow: Glasgow, Scotland 7:30pm
- July 16 – Civic Theatre: Bedford, England 8:00pm
- July 17 – Greystones: Sheffield, England 8:00pm
- July 18 – St. Bonaventure’s: Bristol, England 8:00pm
- July 19 – Norwich Arts Centre: Norwich, England 8:00pm
- July 20 – Bush Hall London: England (Part of Communion Show) 7:30pm
- July 22 – The Glee Club: Nottingham, England 8:00pm
- July 23 – SummerTyne Americana Festival: Gateshead, England –
- July 24 – SummerTyne Americana Festival (opening for Lyle Lovett): Gateshead, England
Tickets information for all shows is now available online.