Just in time for the release of their next CD, Antifogmatic, Punch Brothers will begin a series of dates with banjo picker, actor and comedia Steve Martin on June 12 at the Ravina Festival near Chicago. They have a total of five shows together over the course of this summer.
Of course Martin travels with Steep Canyon Ranger in tow, who typically open the program and then serve as Steve’s backup band for his set. Punch Brothers will take over that opening role for these joint shows, giving the Rangers part of the night off.
The shows scheduled together so far are:
- June 12 – Ravina Festival; Highland Park, IL
- June 13 – State Theater, Minneapolis, MN
- June 16 – Red Butte Garden; Salt Lake City, UT
- July 27 – Overture Center; Madison, WI
- August 3 – Sun Valley Center for the Arts; Ketchum ID
You can find the complete summer tour schedules for Steve Martin, Punch Brothers and Steep Canyon Rangers online.