Oops… We neglected to post the list of IBMA’s Special Award winners, which were announced and distributed at a luncheon here in Nashville on Thursday afternoon.
- 2006 Broadcaster of the Year: Red Shipley, WAMU-FM, Washington, D.C.
- 2006 Bluegrass Event of the Year: The Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, produced by the Boston Bluegrass Union
- 2006 Print Media Personality of the Year: Bob Black
- 2006 Best Graphic Design For Recorded Project: Spencer Walts, Eyewerks Studio & Sarah Lainie Smith (designers) for She Waits For Night by Uncle Earl, Rounder Records
- 2006 Best Liner Notes For Recorded Project: Tom Adams (writer) for Let ‚ÄòEr Go Boys by Michael Cleveland, Rounder Records
Distinguished Achievement Awards were also given to:
The Boys From Indiana