IBMA members gathered for a well-produced Special Awards Luncheon on Thursday afternoon. Infamously known for running long, the luncheon was executed smoothly and efficiently. Jon Weisberger even noted in his closing remarks that this was the first Special Awards Luncheon he can remember which finished early! Kudos to the IBMA Staff, especially Taylor Coughlin, for another wonderful Special Awards Luncheon. The ceremony is always a highlight of IBMA week.
The ceremony included the presentation of this year’s Distinguished Achievement Awards and the announcement of the Special Awards recipients.
Distinguished Achievement Awards
- Keith Case
- The East Mountain Boys
- Vic Jordan
- The McClain Family Band
- Charley Pennell
IBMA Special Awards
- Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year: Ronnie Reno (Reno’s Old Time Music Festival)
- Bluegrass Event of the Year: Bill Monroe Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival (Bean Blossom, IN)
- Best Graphic Design for a Recorded Project: Dak Alley, Carl Jackson & Jimmy Metts (Grace Notes by Carl Jackson)
- Best Liner Notes for a Recorded Project: Fred Bartenstein (They’re Playing My Song by Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers)
- Bluegrass Print/Media Person of the Year: Fred Bartenstein (Editor of Bluegrass Bluesman: A Memoir by Uncle Josh Graves)
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year: Eric Gibson