The American Society of Composers and Performers, more commonly known as ASCAP, has announced plans for a national conference dedicated solely to songwriting and composing. The debut event, dubbed the I Create Music EXPO, is scheduled for April 20-22, 2006 in Los Angeles, CA.
I Create Music EXPO will feature workshops with prominent songwriters, panel discussions with music industry insiders, and exclusive performances. ASCAP hopes that not only songwriters and composers, but producers, music publishers, managers, agents, entertainment attorneys and record company execs will see the benefits of this event, not only for the information provided, but also the networking opportunities that the proximity to so many other industry folks can provide.
A list of How To Sessions scheduled during the event on the ASCAP web site includes:
- Make Money in the Music Business
- Build Your Dream Team to Reach Your Goals
- Navigate the Digital Superhighway
- Market Your Music to an International Community
- Read a Music Contract
- Place Your Songs in TV, Films, Advertising & Games
- Break Into the World of Film and TV Scoring
- Get to Broadway with a Stage Musical
Discounts for early registration are available to ASCAP members. Registration details are available online.