The nominee for the 2015 Grammy awards have been announced today, and we see a lot of familiar bluegrass names in the list.
First let’s look at the nominees for the Bluegrass Grammy, technically, Best Bluegrass Album.
- The Earls Of Leicester – The Earls Of Leicester, Rounder
- Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe – Noam Pikelny, Compass Records
- Cold Spell – Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen, Compass Records
- Into My Own – Bryan Sutton, Sugar Hill Records
- Only Me – Rhonda Vincent, Upper Management Music
Other bluegrass-related artists, songs, or albums received a number of nods:
- Mike Auldridge, Jerry Douglas & Rob Ickes for Three Bells in Best Folk Album
- Alice Gerard for Follow The Music in Best Folk Album
- Old Crow Medicine Show for Remedy in Best Folk Album
- Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile for Tarnation in Best Instrumental Composition
- Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer again for Bass & Mandolin in both Best Contemporary Instrumental Album and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
- Nickel Creek for Dotted Line in Best Americana Roots Performance and Best Americana Album
- The Del McCoury Band for New York Trains in Best American Roots Song
- Steve Martin and Edie Brickell with Steep Canyon Rangers for Pretty Little One in Best American Roots Song
Congratulations and best of luck to all the nominees!
The awards will be presented on Sunday, February 8, 2015. The major awards will be distributed on the televised awards show from 8:00-11:30 p.m. on CBS. The awards described above will be announced during an online presentation earlier that day.