This past weekend, bluegrass promoter Norman Adams was presented with a special certificate of recognition from the International Bluegrass Music Association for his 40 years of presenting bluegrass music festivals.
It was in August of 1974 that Adams hosted his first festival in Dahlonega, GA. He says it rained all three days that first year. But it didn’t dampen his enthusiasm for the music, as he now hosts 8 festivals annually.
- North Carolina State Bluegrass Festival
- Fall Palatka Bluegrass Festival
- South Carolina State Bluegrass Festival
- New Year’s Bluegrass Festival
- Palatka Bluegrass Festival
- Little Roy & Lizzy Music Festival
- Cherokee Bluegrass Festival
- Music in the Mountains Bluegrass Festival
IBMA Board member, Cindy Baucom, was on hand on Saturday to make the presentation at the 40th annual North Carolina State Bluegrass Festival.
Congratulations, Norman, and thanks for keeping bluegrass music going strong!