With so many bluegrass folks packing up and heading to Nashville for the big IBMA week just ahead of us, we have put together a list of events not held in the Nashville Convention Center or The Renaissance Hotel. A full listing of official IBMA-sanctioned events can be found on the organization’s web site.
There are even a few that are being held this weekend, before the IBMA festivities kick off on Monday morning. All times below are local Nashville time (CDT).
Saturday – September 27
Sunday – September 28
- The Dixie Bee-Liners pre-IBMA Bar-B-Cue Blowout at Norm’s River Roadhouse, 6:00 p.m.
- Valerie Smith, Charlie Louvin, Abrams Brothers at Dare To Be Different Showcase (Bell Buckle) 1:00-10:00 p.m.
Monday – September 29
- Cherryholmes CD release party at The Rutledge, 8:00 p.m. (broadcast on WDVX.com)
- Bluegrass Songwriter’ Association Showcase at Holiday Inn Select, 8:00-11:00 p.m.
Tuesday – September 30
- Infamous Stringdusters at Country Music Hall of Fame, 11:00 a.m.
- Grascals #1 album party at SESAC, 4:00 p.m.
- Bill Monroe Bluegrass Celebration at The Grand Ole Opry, 7:00 p.m.
- Jerry Douglas at Country Music Hall of Fame, 7:00 p.m.
- The Bloggrass Boys at Robert’s Western World, 8:00 p.m.
- Mashville Brigade at The Station Inn, 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday – October 1
- Bill Monroe – Father Of Bluegrass Music, film screening and discussion at Country Music Hall of Fame, 1:30 p.m.
- Alecia Nugent CD preview party at Legends Corner Bar, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Hardline Drive at Norm’s River Roadhouse, 7:00 p.m.
- Bluegrass Songwriter’ Association Showcase at Best Western Music Row, 7:00-11:00 p.m.
- Steeldrivers at The Station Inn, 9:00 p.m.
- Pine Mountain Railroad, Dailey & Vincent, Steep Canyon Rangers at Ernest Tubb’s Record Shop, 10:00 p.m.
Thursday – October 2
- Lonesome River Band at The Station Inn, 9:00 p.m.
- Jimmy Bowen & Santa Fe, Matt Flinner Trio, Spring Creek, Lonesome Traveler at Mulligan’s Pub, 9:30 p.m.
Friday – October 3
- Jimmy Bowen & Santa Fe, Wildwood Valley Boys, David Parmley & Continental Divide, Blue Moon Rising, Hardline Drive at Mulligan’s Pub, 9:30 p.m.
- Danny Paisley & Southern Grass at The Station Inn, 9:00 p.m.
- Matt Flinner Trio, Spring Creek, Travis Chandler at Norm’s River Roadhouse, 6:00 p.m.
Saturday – October 4
- Jimmy Bowen & Santa Fe, Lykens Valley Bluegrass Boys, Next Best Thing, Daniel Boner and Daysight, Travis Chandler, New Foundation at Mulligan’s Pub, 9:30 p.m.
- Larry Stephenson Band at The Station Inn, 9:00 p.m.
- Dailey & Vincent at Ernest Tubb’s Record Shop, midnight
- Runaway Freight at Bethesda Market & Deli (College Grove), 6:00 p.m.
If you are hosting or performing at an off-site event that is not listed, please contact us so that it can be included.