Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver are preparing for a European adventure, getting ready for a jam-packed 12 day tour of Central Europe. They will visit five countries in that time, traveling almost exclusively by train.
This tour was arranged by Rainer Zellner, who has been bringing US bluegrass artists to Germany for many years. His annual Bluegrass Jamboree package show tours have been quite successful, pairing American artists with some of the nicer performance spaces in Germany.
He is hoping to continue these sorts of tours if this one goes well.
Doyle and the boys will arrive tomorrow in Frankfurt, and play their first show on Thursday in Heiligenhaus. They head back home on May 25.
Here is their complete itinerary:
- 5/13 – Heiligenhaus, Der Club 20:00 GERMANY
- 5/14 – Utrecht, Gulpener Bluegrass Festival 15:30 NETHERLANDS
- 5/15 – Bregenz, Seelax Festival – Freudenhaus 20:30 AUSTRIA
- 5-16 – Bühl, Bürgerhaus 21:45 GERMANY
- 5/17 – Waldkraiburg, Haus der Kultur 20:00 GERMANY
- 5/19 – Praha, Pyramida Hotel 17:00 CZECH REPUBLIC
- 5/19 – CZ-Praha, Pyramida Hotel 20:30 CZECH REPUBLIC
- 5/20 – Dreieich, Bürgerhaus Sprendlingen 20:00 GERMANY
- 5/21 – Kusterdingen, Bürger-und Kulturhaus Klosterhof 20:00 GERMANY
- 5/22 – Ravensburg, Zehntscheuer 20:00 GERMANY
- 5/23 – Alberswil (bei Willisau), Bluegrass Festival 17:15 SWITZERLAND
- 5/24 – Alberswil (bei Willisau), Bluegrass Festival 10:30 SWITZERLAND