Congratulations to Ash Breeze, formerly known as The Smith Family Band, who were awarded first prize in the KSMU Youth in Bluegrass Band Contest, held May 23 during the Bluegrass & BBQ festival at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO.
19 bands were invited to compete, from 12 different US states. To be considered, all members must be 21 or under, with an exception given for adult parents of band members.
Here is a list of the 2015 winners:
- Ash Breeze (Fayetteville, NC)
- Kansas Bluegrass Associaton Treblemakers (Wichita, KS)
- Baker Family (Birch Tree, MO)
- Russell Clan (Guthrie, OK)
- Chamber Music (Kansas City, MO)
Well done, all!
Ash Breeze is Corey Smith on guitar, Nellie Smith on fiddle, Luke Smith on banjo, Eli Smith on mandolin, and Allen Smith on bass.