Larry Cordle has released his latest album, a superstar-packed volume of his original songs, to radio via Airply Direct. Entitled All Star Duets, it features Cord in duet arrangements with the country and bluegrass artists who made a dozen of his songs into hits.
The album has been in the works for some time now, since Larry first came up with the concept over ten years ago. Working out the various scheduling concerns and legal niceties took longer than he had anticipated, but now the record is finally finished and due for release early in November.
And it’s quite an impressive lineup. The vocalists form a who’s who of bluegrass and country singers, as does the backing band.
Here is the track listing, with Larry’s duet partners on each number:
- Against The Grain – Garth Brooks
- Mama Don’t Forget to Pray For Me – Diamond Rio
- Highway 40 Blues – Ricky Skaggs
- Lonesome Dove – Trisha Yearwood
- The Bigger The Fool (The Harder The Fall) – Del McCoury
- The Fields of Home – Kenny Chesney
- Lonesome Standard Time – Kathy Mattea
- Murder on Music Row – Darryl Singletary and Kevin Denny
- You Can’t Take It With You When You Go – Dierks Bentley
- Cure For The Common Heartache – Terri Clark
- Rough Around The Edges – Travis Tritt
- Two Highways – Alison Krauss
Assisting in the studio were Kristin Scott Benson and Ron Block on banjo, Tim Crouch, Stuart Duncan and Renee Fleener on fiddle, Randy Kohrs, Jerry Douglas and Kim Gardner on reso-guitar, Booie Beach and Bryan Sutton on guitar, Andy Leftwich, Clay Hess and Wayne Benson on mandolin, and Mike Anglin and Dave Pomeroy on bass.
Radio programmers can download the tracks now from Airplay Direct.