Vince Gill will once again be embarking on an acoustic bluegrass tour this summer, with an all-star cast in tow.
Starting in mid-June, Gill has shows scheduled throughout the southern and central US with Jim Mills on banjo, Stuart Duncan on fiddle, Jeff White on guitar, and Dennis Crouch on bass. Vince will play mandolin and guitar, and handle the lead vocals. Sarah Jarosz will open for Gill for the first part of the tour (6/13-23).
Serious bluegrass fans know that long before he became a country music star, Vince toiled in the bluegrass hinterlands, and his passion for the music remains strong.
“After the passing of Earl Scruggs, it means the world to me to do these dates with this world-class band playing the music that Earl defined. I absolutely adore this music.”
Here are the tour dates and locations:
- June 13 – Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond, VA
- June 14 – Alabama Theatre, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- June 15 and June 16 – The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA
- June 17 – Knight Theater, Charlotte, NC
- June 21 – Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
- June 22 – Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta, GA
- June 23 – Anderson Music Hall, Hiawassee, GA
- June 24 – Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, NC
- June 28 – ROMP, Owensboro, KY
- June 29 – Lexington Opera House, Lexington, KY
- June 30 – Honeywell Center, Wabash, IN
You can find more tour details and ticket information online.