Bluegrass’ big night, The International Bluegrass Music Awards ceremony, was held at The Ryman Auditorium and streamed worldwide online. We were honored to have been a broadcast partner for this event, and delighted that it all went off without a hitch.
If you were unable to watch it all go down live, here is a list of last night’s winners:
- Bluegrass Hall of Fame Inductees: Doyle Lawson, Ralph Rinzler
- Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients: Byron Berline, Joe & Lil Cornett, Orin Friesen, Pee Wee Lambert, Kitsy Kuykendall
- Entertainer of the Year: The Gibson Brothers
- Vocal Group of the Year: Blue Highway
- Instrumental Group of the Year: The Boxcars
- Emerging Artists of the Year: Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Russell Moore
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Dale Ann Bradley
- Song of the Year: A Far Cry From Lester & Earl, Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice
- Album of the Year: Heart Of A Song, Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice
- Gospel Recorded Event of the Year: Singing As We Rise, by the Gibson Brothers with Ricky Skaggs
- Instrumental Performance of the Year: Angeline The Baker by Lonesome River Band
- Recorded Event of the Year: Life Goes On by Carl Jackson, Ronnie Bowman, Larry Cordle, Jerry Salley, Rickey Wasson, Randy Kohrs, D.A. Adkins, Garnet Bowman, Lynn Butler, Ashley Kohrs, Gary Payne, Dale Pyatt, Clay Hess, Alan Bibey, Jay Weaver, Ron Stewart & Jim VanCleve (artists); Jerry Salley, Carl Jackson, Larry Cordle, Jim Van Cleve & Randy Kohrs (producers); Rural Rhythm Records
- Banjo Player of the Year: Sammy Shelor
- Bass Player of the Year: Marshall Wilborn
- Fiddle Player of the Year: Stuart Duncan
- Dobro Player of the Year: Rob Ickes
- Guitar Player of the Year: Doc Watson
- Mandolinist of the Year: Adam Steffey
During the afternoon on Thursday, the following Special Awards were announced:
- Broadcaster of the Year: Kyle Cantrell
- Bluegrass Event of the Year: ROMP, produced by the International Bluegrass Music Museum; Owensboro, KY
- Print Media Person of the Year: Marty Godbey, author of Crowe on the Banjo: The Music Life of J.D. Crowe (Univ. of Illinois Press)
- Best Graphic Design – Bedrock Manufacturing (designer) for Nobody Knows You, by the Steep Canyon Rangers (Rounder Records)
- Best Liner Notes: Marian Leighton Levy (liner notes), for Tony Rice: The Bill Monroe Collection, by Tony Rice (Rounder Records)
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year: Jon Weisberger
Congratulations, and well done everyone!
We have dozens of photos from the show which we will post throughout the day.
Category: IBMA 2012
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.