The 2009 World Copyright Summit has been scheduled for June 9-10 at the Ronald Reagan Center in Washington, DC. The event will be hosted by the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers (CISAC), a consortium of rights holders organizations worldwide, based in France.
The organization – and the June event – are focused on intellectual property rights for works of art regardless of genre, including music, drama, written word, multimedia and the visual arts.
This event debuted in Brussels in 2007 and an even larger contingent of international attendees are expected in ’09. According to the Summit’s web site, registrants will include:
- Creators and artists: authors, composers, film directors, screenwriters, photographers, visual artists, painters, writers‚Ä¶
- Creative content industry: music, audiovisual, book publishing, visual arts
- Delivery and access industry: broadcasters, ISPs, content service providers, telecom operators, cable and satellite operators, media platforms‚Ä¶
- IT, consumer goods and equipment industry: technology providers, consumer electronics, video games producers, software developers‚Ä¶
- Intellectual Property and copyright lawyers and law firms
- Policy and legal decision makers in Europe and North America
- Copyright societies worldwide
- Trade press and globally influential media
More details about the 2009 World Copyright Summit can be found online.