The Gospel Music Association’s Dove Awards are scheduled for tonight (10/13) in Nashville at the Lipscomb University Allen Arena. The show is sold out, but is being recorded for broadcast this weekend on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.
Among the many awards to be distributed at tonight’s show in a wide variety of Gospel genres are a pair specifically for bluegrass: Bluegrass Song of the Year and Bluegrass/Country Album of the Year.
The nominees for Bluegrass Song Of The Year are:
- Stacking Up Rocks – Balsam Range, (writer) Buddy Melton
- Mighty To Save – Chigger Hill Boys & Terri (writers) Ben Fielding, Reuben Morgan
- He Made The Tree – Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver, (writers) Tom Botkin and Donnie Skaggs
- God Is There – Lizzy Long & Rhonda Vincent, (writers) Wayne Haun and Joel Lindsey
- Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man (ft. Rhonda Vincent) – Volume Five, (writers) Dolly Parton and Dorothy Jo Owens
The nominees for Bluegrass/Country Album Of The Year are:
- Angels Among Us – Alabama, (producers) Jeff Cook, Teddy Gentry, Randy Owen
- Worship Him – John Bowman, (producer) John Bowman
- Directions Home (Songs We Love, Songs You Know) – Point of Grace, (producers) Andy Leftwich, Stuart Dill, Rodger Ryan, Point Of Grace
- Here’s to the Ones – Rhett Walker Band, (producers) Paul Moak, Ed Cash, Rhett Walker Band
- Rock of Ages, Hymns and Gospel Favorites – The Oak Ridge Boys, (producers) Ben Isaacs, Duane Allen
Here’s a recent video shared by Betsy White of Rhonda Vincent with Volume Five doing their nominated song, one they don’t perform regularly, to get you in the mood for tonight’s awards.
Watch for the broadcast of the 2015 Dove Awards on October 18 at 7:00 p.m. (ET) on TBN. We’ll publish tonight’s results as soon as we have them.