All existing content will move to our new home, Bluegrass Today, effective Tuesday, September 6. The Bluegrass Blog will be viewable online all weekend, but the domain will redirect to www.bluegrasstoday.com on the 6th.
We are all very excited about what we will be able to offer with this switch, enhancements that will benefit all the important segments of our online bluegrass family.
Our newsgathering operation will grow by an order of magnitude, with a couple dozen writers and photographers coming on board. Our correspondents and columnists draw from a wide range of music-related expertise. We’ll have artists, songwriters, journalists, historians, experts in legal and financial matters, and regular columnists sharing their thoughts on the goings-on in the bluegrass world.
A few other features…
- With this larger staff, we will also be able to offer reviews of more new releases and more details about bands, festivals and events of a regional nature.
- The popular discussion forum, Bluegrass Rules, will be integrated into Bluegrass Today, with enhanced offerings and new forum options.
- The Bluegrass Today wiki will seek to establish an authoritative history of our music, along with authenticated information on the contemporary bluegrass scene.
- Bluegrass Today advertisers will be able to take advantage of the most current delivery technology, like video placement and geo-targeted campaigns.
- We will incorporate the best features of popular social media sites into Bluegrass Today, including chat, private groups and messaging, personal blogs and synchronization with your favorite social sites.
Hang on folks… we’ll be busy little beavers over the weekend, and will see you all on Tuesday at Bluegrass Today.