The winners of the 2018 Midwest Bluegrass Music Awards from the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass of America were announced this past weekend at their 35th annual midwest bluegrass convention in Jefferson City, MO.
And the 2018 trophies went to:
- Bluegrass Promoter of the Year – Darrell & Barb Ottman
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year – Chuck Lahr
- Bluegrass Album of the Year – Family Tree by Lori King and Junction 63 on independent label
- Bluegrass Bass Fiddle Performer of the Year – Wyatt Harman
- Bluegrass Dobro Performer of the Year – Brooke Punches
- Bluegrass Guitar Performer of the Year – Joe King
- Bluegrass Mandolin Performer of the Year – Kevin Amburgey
- Bluegrass Banjo Performer of the Year – Dave Anderson
- Bluegrass Fiddle Performer of the Year – Trustin Baker
- Female Vocalist of the Year (Overall) – Brooke Punches
- Male Vocalist of the Year (Overall) – Chuck Lahr
- Bluegrass Gospel Group of the Year – The Punches
- Bluegrass Vocal Group of the Year – Driven
- Bluegrass Instrumental Group of the Year – Lori King & Junction 63
- Bluegrass Band of the Year (Overall) – Chuck Lahr & Purdy River Boys
- Bluegrass Entertainer(s) of the Year – Bruce Punches
Congratulations one and all!
The 35th annual SPBGMA National Convention and Awards in Nashville is coming up February 1-4 at the Sheraton Music City Hotel.