Tonight the International Bluegrass Music Awards were presented in Raleigh, NC at the Duke Energy Performing Arts Center.
Hosted by Hot Rize, the awards show also included the induction of three new members of the Bluegrass Hall of Fame: Ricky Skaggs, Tom T and Dixie Hall, and Paul Williams.
A total of 17 honors were awarded, going to instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, producers, and ensembles.
And the winners are:
- Bass Player of the Year – Tim Surrett
- Emerging Artist of the Year – Po’ Ramblin’ Boys
- Gospel Recorded Performance of the Year – Speakin’ to That Mountain – Becky Buller (artist), Becky Buller/Jeff Hyde (writers), Crepe Paper Heart (album), Stephen Mougin (producer), Dark Shadow Recording (label)
- Dobro Player of the Year – Justin Moses
- Instrumental Recorded Performance Of The Year – Squirrel Hunters – Special Consensus with John Hartford, Rachel Baiman & Christian Sedelmyer (10 String Symphony), & Alison Brown (artists), Traditional arranged by Alison Brown/Special Consensus (writers), Rivers & Roads (album), Alison Brown (producer), Compass Records (label)
- Mandolin Player of the Year – Sierra Hull
- Fiddle Player of the Year – Michael Cleveland
- Recorded Event Of The Year – Swept Away – Missy Raines with Alison Brown, Becky Buller, Sierra Hull, and Molly Tuttle (artists), single release, Alison Brown (producer), Compass Records (label)
- Banjo Player of the Year – Ned Luberecki
- Instrumental Group Of The Year – Travelin’ McCourys
- Guitar Player of the Year – Molly Tuttle
- Female Vocalist of the Year – Brooke Aldridge
- Vocal Group of the Year – Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
- Male Vocalist of the Year – Buddy Melton
- Song of the Year – If I’d Have Wrote That Song – Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers (artist), Larry Cordle/Larry Shell/James Silvers (writers)
- Album of the Year – Rivers & Roads – Special Consensus (artist), Alison Brown (producer), Compass Records (label)
- Entertainer of the Year – Balsam Range
Congratulations to all the winners!