On June 22 the home of Donica Christensen in East Nashville, TN was burglarized. Three instruments and some other items were taken.
Donica is a former bluegrass musician and a current music industry pro. She works as the Director of Artist & Media Development at Sugar Hill Records, and used to play primarily banjo with a number of Nashville artists. You may have seen her with Ronnie Bowman in years past.
Taken from her home on Friday were her banjo, an old fiddle and a left-handed guitar. She provided these details:
- 1979 Gibson 5-string banjo (no serial number) built by Bill Sullivan. It has a Steve Huber tone ring and hearts and flowers inlay pattern on the neck. There was a brown leather mandolin strap attached to the banjo, and it also had an Elliot capo either on the neck or in the case. The case is a soft shell Colorado brand case in grey. The front pocket of the banjo case had my finger picks in it, and they were in tiny Crown Royal bag.
- ￼ Very old (early to mid 1800’s) fiddle. Antonius and Hieronymous Amati violin copy. Dark brown varnish, highly antiqued from the early to mid 1800’s. The bow is an old Pernambuco, silver mounted round stick. The fiddle and bow were in a pretty cheap black case with a broken handle.
- Bright blue left handed acoustic guitar – not sure of the brand.
Apparently two young black men attempted to pawn the instruments not long after the break in on Friday. Also taken were a laptop computer, external drive and a camera.
Donica asks that anyone with information about these items to please contact her at 540-339-7701.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Stuart Duncan live at the HOF - October 31, 2014
- For The Sake of the Sound video from Front Country - October 31, 2014
- The Day The Banjo Dies from Roni Stoneman - October 30, 2014
Category: Stolen Instrument Alerts
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.