Upper Management Music has announced January 28, 2014 as the release date for Only Me, the next album from Rhonda Vincent.
Long time fans know that Rhonda has jumped back and forth between the country and bluegrass markets all her life, and this project is meant to answer the question, “Is she a bluegrass or a country singer?” The answer is both!
This two-disc set offers a selection of both styles, with six bluegrass songs on disc 1, and six country ones on number 2. In an interesting twist, high-profile guest country vocalists Willie Nelson and Daryle Singletary both appear on the bluegrass side of the project.
The bluegrass disc was recorded with Rhonda’s road band, The Rage. Hunter Berry is on fiddle, Mickey Harris on bass, Aaron McDaris on banjo, Brent Burke on reso-guitar, and Josh Williams on guitar. Vincent plays mandolin and sings lead.
Speaking of the title track, on which he sang and played a guitar solo, Willie says…
Rhonda’s voice is beautiful. I am thankful for her letting me be a part of it all.”
Here a track listing for the bluegrass disc:
- Busy City
- I’d Rather Hear I Don’t Love You (Than Nothing At All)
- Only Me (featuring Willie Nelson)
- I Need Somebody Bad Tonight
- We Must Have Been Out of Our Minds (featuring Daryle Singletary)
- It’s Never Too Late
For the country disc, Rhonda brings in a bevy of Music City session pros. Tim Crouch is on fiddle, Kevin Grantt on bass, Carl Jackson on acoustic guitar, Mike Johnson on steel, Catherine Marx and Michael Rojas on piano, James Mitchell on electric guitar, and Lonnie Wilson on drums.
For this CD, the tracks are:
- Teardrops Over You
- Once A Day
- Beneath Still Waters
- Bright Lights & Country Music
- When The Grass Grows Over Me
- Drivin’ Nails
Should be a good’n.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Chris Thile predicts Broncos win with Omahallelujah - February 9, 2016
- DR Strings introduce Veritas - February 9, 2016
- Reminisce with Tom Gray on WAMU - February 9, 2016
Category: Bluegrass recording news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.