It’s a fun album, that mixes hard driving bluegrass with classic country based around Trey’s strong voice and flatpicking skills, and Rob’s unquestioned mastery of the resonator slide guitar. This is a full band project, with top Nashville pickers and singers filling the bill.
The track listing includes:
- Before the Sun Goes Down
- I’d Rather Be Gone
- Georgia on a Fast Train
- My Way is the Highway
- Workin’ Man Can’t Get Nowhere Today
- When My Last Song is Sung
- Pride and Joy
- More Than Roses
- Raisin’ the Dickens
- Little Cabin on the Hill
- There Ain’t No Good Chain Gang
Prior to the album release, Rob and Trey have scheduled a brief west coast duo tour in the first half of December.
- 12/4/14 – Royal Room – Seattle, WA
- 12/5/14 – Green Frog – Bellingham, WA
- 12/6/14 – Treehouse – Leavenworth, CA
- 12/7/14 – Little River Inn – Little River, CA
- 12/9/14 – Tallman Hotel – Upper Lake, CA
- 12/11/14 – Don Quixote’s – Felton, CA
- 12/12/14 – Boulevard Music – Culver City, CA
- 12/13/14 – Powerhouse – Del Mar, CA
Trey has recorded previously on his own, and generated a good bit of notice for his participation on the current Blue Highway album, The Game, on which he sings My Last Day In The Mine. His Merle Haggard-inflected country voice is the perfect complement to this coal mining number, and he’s sure to win a whole big bunch of new fans when Before The Sun Goes Down hits in the new year.