The super-picker side project featuring Brittany Haas, Paul Kowert and Jordan Tice is set to embark on an east coast swing starting next week.
Haas performs on fiddle with Crooked Still when they tour, as does Kowert on bass with Punch Brothers, while Tice works more as a free lancer. Both Punch Brothers and Crooked Still tour in clumps, unlike the traditional bluegrass band model of weekend warriors, leaving members a lot of time for other artistic endeavors. Tice and Kowert also play together in another side project, The Jordan Tice Trio, which performs Jordan’s original music.
Look for a creative brand of contemporary string music as these three run down the eastern seaboard.
- June 7 – Block Box Theatre at Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY
- June 8 – Oxenberg House Concert, Kingston, NY
- June 9 – Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY
- June 11 – Montague Bookmill, Montague, MA
- June 12 – Club Passim, Cambridge, MA
- June 13 – Acoustic Artisans, Portland, ME
- June 14 – Jenkins House Concert, New York, NY
- June 15 – Jam Inc., Richmond, VA
- June 16 – Music in the Mount
- June 18 – 49 West Coffeehouse, Annapolis, MD