Haas performs on fiddle with Crooked Still when they tour, as does Kowert on bass with Punch Brothers, while Tice works more as a free lancer. Both Punch Brothers and Crooked Still tour in clumps, unlike the traditional bluegrass band model of weekend warriors, leaving members a lot of time for other artistic endeavors. Tice and Kowert also play together in another side project, The Jordan Tice Trio, which performs Jordan’s original music.
Look for a creative brand of contemporary string music as these three run down the eastern seaboard.
- June 7 – Block Box Theatre at Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY
- June 8 – Oxenberg House Concert, Kingston, NY
- June 9 – Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY
- June 11 – Montague Bookmill, Montague, MA
- June 12 – Club Passim, Cambridge, MA
- June 13 – Acoustic Artisans, Portland, ME
- June 14 – Jenkins House Concert, New York, NY
- June 15 – Jam Inc., Richmond, VA
- June 16 – Music in the Mount
- June 18 – 49 West Coffeehouse, Annapolis, MD