The nominees for the 50th Grammy Awards were announced today, and a number of bluegrass/acoustic artists see their names in the list.
The nominees for the Best Bluegrass Album are:
- Cherryholmes II Black And White – Cherryholmes
- Lefty’s Old Guitar – J.D. Crowe & The New South
- The Bluegrass Diaries – Jim Lauderdale
- Scenechronized – Seldom Scene
- Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular – Tony Trischka
In the Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album category, two bluegrass projects are nominated.
- Salt Of The Earth – Ricky Skaggs & The Whites
- Tell Someone – Kenny & Amanda Smith
In Best Country Instrumental Performance we find a few of our own as well.
- Little Monk – Russ Barenberg (from When At Last)
- Mucky The Duck – The Greencards (from Viridian)
- Rawhide – Andy Statman (from East Flatbush Blues)
Cathy Fink’s Banjo Talkin’ CD is nominated for Best Traditional Folk Album and B?©la Fleck is nominated in the Best Instrumental Composition category for Spectacle from The Enchantment CD by Chick Corea & B?©la Fleck.
Simple Love from Alison Krauss’ A Hundred Miles Or More CD received a nomination in the Best Female Country Vocal Performance category.
Vince Gill is nominated for Album Of The Year for his These Days box set, which has a substantial bluegrass component, and Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are nominated in the Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals category for Gone Gone Gone on their Raising Sand CD.
The Grammy Awards will be announced on February 10, 2008 and broadacst on CBS at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT). You can find the complete list of nominees on the Grammy Awards web site.
Congratulations to all the nominees!