The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) has released the following names of the attendees for the Leadership Bluegrass class for 2013, which will take place in Nashville, Tennessee, from Thursday – Saturday, March 7-9, 2013.
Leadership Bluegrass, now in its 14th year with more than 300 alumni, is an intensive, three-day program of interactive learning and networking experiences that invites participants to examine the challenges and opportunities facing our music, along with related leadership issues.
The participants in the 2013 Class of Leadership Bluegrass are ….
- Darin Aldridge; Darin and Brooke Aldridge; Cherryville, North Carolina
- Melissa Armstrong; Detour; Sand Lake, Michigan
- Andrea Ball; Make Welcome Entertainment; Washington, DC.
- Katherine Coe; IBMA; Nashville, Tennessee
- Jeremy Darrow; The Erin McDermott Band/Freelance Musician; Nashville, Tennessee
- John DeMarce; DC Bluegrass Union; Washington, DC.
- Susie Glaze; Hilonesome Music, Susie Glaze & the Hilonesome Band; Burbank, California
- KC Groves; Artist & Composer; Lyons, Colorado
- Kayla Hotte; Kayla Hotte & her Rodeo Pals; Ardrossan, Alberta, California
- Caroline Isachsen; Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival; Delmar, New York
- Steven Johnson; MerleFest; Wilkesboro, North Carolina
- Lori King; Bluegrass Music Association of Iowa; Drakesville, Iowa
- Jordan Laney; Appalachian State University; Vilas, North Carolina
- Ron Murphy; Muddy River Band; Wilmington, Ohio
- Amy Reitnouer; The Bluegrass Situation; Los Angeles, California
- Carolyn Routh; Nu-Blu; Siler City, North Carolina
- Sheila Selby; Boston Bluegrass Union; Brookline, Massechusetts
- Carly Smith; International Bluegrass Music Museum; Owensboro, Kentucky
- Erin Stamper; WAMU’s Bluegrass Country; Washington, DC
- Shannon Turner; Freelance writer/journalist; Hermitage, Tennessee
- Missy Werner; The Missy Werner Band; Liberty Township, Ohio
- Jill Wiese; Bluegrass Association of North Dakota; Washburn, North Dakota
- Kristi Wilcox; Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP; Nashville, Tennessee
- Courtney Wothen; PineCone – The Piedmont Council of Traditional Music; Raleigh, North Carolina
The Leadership Bluegrass program brings together a cross section of people who have exhibited or have potential leadership qualities into a network of learning and communication. The results will foster a broad-based understanding of the total needs of the bluegrass community, which will help participants better prepare to determine the goals of the particular organization, company or group in which they choose to serve.
The selection process for Leadership Bluegrass is competitive, with more applicants than there are positions available. While the application or recommendation does not guarantee a position in the class, IBMA does guarantee that everyone who applies will be given an equal opportunity. Enrollment and participation in Leadership Bluegrass is voluntary and a new class is selected each year.
All class members are expected to bear the expense of any travel and/or lodging during the program as well as pay a class participation fee. A limited number of partial scholarships are available to qualified applicants.
Leadership Bluegrass will be hosted this year at BMI and Bone McAllester Norton, PLLC in Nashville, and will be facilitated by Trisha Tubbs.
A list of all graduates (2000-2012) can be seen online.
A two-time Editor of British Bluegrass News, he has been seriously interested in bluegrass music since about 1970. As well as contributing to that magazine, he has, in the past 30 plus years, had articles published by Country Music World, International Country Music News, Country Music People, Bluegrass Unlimited, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass music journal) and Bluegrass Europe.
He wrote the annotated series I'm On My Way Back To Old Kentucky, a daily memorial to Bill Monroe that culminated with an acknowledgement of what would have been his 100th birthday, on September 13, 2011.
Latest posts by Richard Thompson (see all)
- Rounder founders accept Kari Estrin Founding President’s Award from Folk Alliance - May 25, 2015
- Mac Wiseman reaches 90 years of age - May 23, 2015
- Lizzy Long shares some Blueberry Pie - May 19, 2015
Category: Bluegrass Asociations News
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.