Leftover Salmon is offering a free audio download of a two-set live show to help promote their upcoming tour across the western US in early 2013. Tickets for the February and March shows go on sale today to members of the LOS Fan Club, and to the general public tomorrow.
For 23 years the group has been led by Vince Herman on guitar and Drew Emmitt on mandolin, playing eclectic and iconoclastic acoustic music of the grassy variety. They have survived the loss of dear friend and founding banjo player Mark Vann who died from cancer in 2002, multiple personnel changes, and periods of relative inactivity all those years, and are now out in support of a current album, Aquatic Hitchhiker.
Joining Herman and Emmitt these days are Greg Garrison on bass, Andy Thorn on banjo, and Jose Martinez on percussion.
The free audio download comes from an October 9, 2012 show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA. In addition to the current band, the sets feature McCoury fiddler Jason Carter, and Camper Van Beethoven and Cracker’s David Lowery.
You can download the tracks from the LOS web site.
Leftover Salmon 2013 tour dates follow:
- February 13: Missoula, MT – Wilma Theater
- February 14: Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
- February 15: Seattle, WA – Neptune Theatre
- February 16: Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
- February 17: Arcata, CA – Arcata Theater
- February 18: Crystal Bay, NV – Crystal Bay Club & Casino
- February 20: San Francisco, CA – Great American Music Hall
- February 21: West Hollywood, CA – House of Blues
- February 22: Solana Beach, CA – Belly Up
- February 23: Flagstaff, AZ – Orpheum Theater
- February 25: Tuscon, AZ – Rialto Theatre
- February 26-27: Telluride, CO – Sheridan Opera House
- February 28: Aspen, CO – Belly Up
- March 1: Park City, UT – Park City Live
- March 2: Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
- March 3: Jackson, WY – Pink Garter Theatre
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Moving day for IBMA - May 24, 2016
- Repost: James King interview from 2014 - May 24, 2016
- Della Mae going hard this summer, then taking a break - May 24, 2016
Category: Bluegrass band news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.