New Pinecastle owner Lonnie Lassiter is doing much more than just resurrecting the label after health issues forced founder Tom Riggs to retire in February 2010. They are in the process of creating digital re-issues from the deep catalog of titles from both the Pinecastle and WEBCO brands it controls.
12 long out-of-print recordings are now available for digital download purchase, including albums from Larry Stephenson, The Reno Brothers and The Rarely Herd. Dozens more are in the pipeline for the same treatment in coming weeks, including both deep catalog and more recent releases.
The following are available now from popular download resellers like iTunes and Amazon:
- Larry Stephenson – Close My Eyes to Heaven
- Larry Stephenson – Everytime I Sing a Love Song
- Larry Stephenson – Wash My Blues Away
- Larry Stephenson – Born to Sing
- Larry Stephenson – Can’t Stop Myself
- Larry Stephenson – Far Away in Tennessee
- The Rarely Herd – Coming of Age
- The Rarely Herd – Part of Growing Up
- The Reno Brothers – Acoustic Celebration
- The Reno Brothers – Drawing from the Well
- The Reno Brothers – Kentucky Gold
- The Reno Brothers – Swing West
All the tracks from these 12 projects are available to radio programmers through Airplay Direct, as are the many albums scheduled for download release in coming weeks.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- The More I Learn coming from Bryan Sutton - May 4, 2016
- Bobby Osborne tribute at The Paramount in Bristol - May 3, 2016
- Time to submit IBMA Special Awards recommendations - May 3, 2016
Category: Bluegrass recording news
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.