Balsam Range has launched a modern-day fan club they call Balsam Nation. And before you ask… it has nothing to do with vinegar or evergreen trees.
The “X Nation” meme has been gaining steam this past few years, since it was adopted by fans of the Boston American League baseball club during their tumultuous, and eventually unsuccessful bid for the World Series championship in 1986. Red Sox Nation gained currency when the team picked up the trophy in 2004 and 2007, and it has since spread to other sports franchises and beyond.
Balsam Range mandolinist Darren Nicholson tells us that the band decided to form this new entity as a way to thank the many folks who have stood by them and their music.
“We have had so much support with the Song of the Year last year, and prayers for Buddy that we felt like doing even more this year than just a CD, so we came up with Balsam Nation.”
Balsam Nation members, for an annual fee of $47, will receive an impressive list of benefits:
- Copy of their next CD, Papertown
- A live CD only available to members
- Song of Month recorded just for members
- A Balsam Range mobile app
- Pick With The Band – copy of the new CD with any instrument or vocal part removed so you can jam along
Here’s the guys explaining the whole thing…
Find all the details online.
Latest posts by John Lawless (see all)
- Moving day for IBMA - May 24, 2016
- Repost: James King interview from 2014 - May 24, 2016
- Della Mae going hard this summer, then taking a break - May 24, 2016
Category: Online resources and features
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.