Award-winning banjoist Alison Brown is making last-minute preparations for her upcoming tour of Japan, starting later this week.
In tow will be husband Garry West on bass, Larry Atamanuik on drums, and John R Burr on keyboard. Also traveling with Alison and Garry are their two children: Hannah, serving as tour manager, and Brendan, as mom’s personal assistant.
Dates on this whirlwind tour include:
- September 7 - Umeda, AM Hall
- September 8 - Hiroshima, Blue Live
- September 9 - Shibuya-ku, Mt. Rainier Hall Shibuya Pleasure Pleasure
- September 11 - Toga, Osaka
- September 12 - Fukuoka, Gates 7
- September 15 - Yokohama, Yokohama Arena
Category: Bluegrass festival/concert news
About the Author (Author Profile)
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it.