The folks who produce Bluegrass Underground for public television broadcast are sponsoring a fun Facebook contest for viewers and fans. They are calling it the Bluegrass Underground Bucket List video competition, with the winner getting free passes to attend all three days of taping for the upcoming season later this month. The shows are sold out, so this is the only way in.
All you have to do is create a video and post it to Facebook. There aren’t many concrete guidelines. The producers just want to know about your personal bucket list. They will choose their favorite from all the entries, with special consideration given to videos that are creative and funny, and have a lot of shares and likes.
To enter, post a video to your Facebook page, and be sure to include the hashtag #BGUBUCKETLIST. Then tag the video with the pages for Bluegrass Underground and Fall Creek Falls State Park Restaurant. This will bring it to the attention of the producers, and don’t forget to also tag the various performers you particularly want to see.
Videos need to be posted to Facebook before this Friday, March 13. The top prize will be announced later that day.
The winner will receive:
- Hotel room for 2 at Fall Creek Falls State Park (2 nights – Fri 3/27, Sat 3/28)
- Breakfast for 2 at Fall Creek Falls (2 days – Sat 3/28, Sun 3/29)
- 2 Priority Weekend passes to Bluegrass Underground for all 3 day shows (includes early admission and guaranteed seating in the first 20 rows)
- 2 weekend meal vouchers for Cumberland Caverns Concessions
- 3 Limited Edition Artist Signed show posters (1 each day )
- 2 BGU t-shirts (merch voucher will be presented at will call and redeemed in cave)
- 2 Cumberland Caverns Cave Tours good for any of the 3 days (or 1 year from purchase date)
- 2 Bluegrass Underground “Best Of” CDs.
You’ll have to get there on your own.
The taping schedule is as follows:
6:00-6:45 p.m. Hot Rize
7:00-7:45 p.m. Chatham County Line
8:00-8:45 p.m. Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn
9:00-9:45 p.m. Robert Earl Keen
2:00-2:45 p.m. Amos Lee
3:00-3:45 p.m. Lee Ann Womack
4:00-4:45 p.m. Jerry Douglas presents the Earls of Leicester
5:00-5:45 p.m. Billy Joe Shaver
6:00-6:45 p.m. The Quebe Sisters
2:00-2:45 p.m. JD & The Straight Shots
3:00-3:45 p.m. Greensky Bluegrass
4:00-4:45 p.m. Railroad Earth
5:00-5:45 p.m. Leftover Salmon
It’s not always technically bluegrass, but it is always underground. And it’s always great music. So make your video and get it up this week for a chance to enjoy a weekend in the caverns.