24 new episodes were announced today for the 8th season of the live bluegrass and acoustic music program, Song Of The Mountains, debuting June 15 on almost 200 public television affiliates across the US. The show works in collaboration with UNC-TV in Research Triangle City in North Carolina, who serves as SOTM’s presenting station.
Included in this season are performances by Bobby Osborne, Seldom Scene, The Steeldrivers, Lonesome River Band, Balsam Range, Special Consensus and many others.
Each show was recorded before a live audience at The Lincoln Theatre in Marion, VA, and host and Executive Coordinator Tim White credits his crew for their high production values.
“These new episodes were taped during 2012 and are, as always top quality programs. We are very proud of our crew, staff and volunteers in Marion, Virginia who work to provide this quality family entertainment for fans of the music from our region…and these fans are all across the country.”
A list of shows for 2013 follows.
- #801 – Flowers Family Band, Little Roy & Lizzy
- #802 – Night Crossing, Lonesome Will Mullins & Surefire
- #803 – Lost Creek Band, Jus’ Cauz Band
- #804 – Bobby Osborne Jr. & Stone Peak, Bobby Osborne & the Rocky Top X-Press
- #805 – Bobby & Blue Ridge Tradition, Moron Brothers
- #806 – Tommy Rose, Close Kin Project
- #807 – Rodney Dillard & the Dillard Band
- #808 – Roni Stoneman & Her Mountain Country Band, Cockman Family
- #809 – Kevin Richardson & Cuttin’ Edge, Lou Reid & Carolina
- #810 – Sierra Hull & Highway 111
- #811 – Elkville String Band, VW Boys
- #812 – Niall Toner, Janie Fricke
- #813 – My New Favorites, Travis Frye & Blue Mountain
- #814 – The SteelDrivers
- #815 – Robby Spencer, Tennessee Mafia Jug Band
- #816 – New Ballards Branch Bogtrotters, Frank Newsome, Melvin Goins & Windy Mountain
- #817 – Night Flyer, Balsam Range
- #818 – Hollow Ground, Chuck Wagon Gang
- #819 – Johnny Possum Band, Special Consensus
- #820 – Mac Puckett & the Good Company Band, Morehead State University Mountain Music Ambassadors
- #821 – Lonesome River Band
- #822 – Spinney Brothers, Redhead Express
- #823 – Wolfe Brothers, Jeff Brown & Still Lonesome
- #824 – Seldom Scene
New shows are offered to affiliates each Saturday evening starting with June 15, but many choose other days and times for rebroadcast. Viewers are advised to check local listings for details.
Episodes for the 2014 season are being recorded this Summer and Fall. Ticket and schedule information can be found on the Song Of The Mountains web site.