The International Bluegrass Music Association in Nashville is looking for a Member Services Manager/Bookkeeper. If you are looking for an opening in the exciting business of bluegrass music, this could be your chance.
The organization requests that responses in the form of a resume with cover letter be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail to:
608 W Iris Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
No phone calls, please.
Here’s the official job posting…
The International Bluegrass Music Association, a 501 (c) 6 non-profit trade association, is accepting resumes for the position of Member Services Manager/Bookkeeper. Based in Nashville, TN with around 2700 members in all 50 states and 30 countries, IBMA is the trade association that connects and educates bluegrass professionals, empowers the bluegrass community, and encourages worldwide appreciation of bluegrass music of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Primary duties include the following
- Maintain accurate IBMA membership records, including notification of renewal & updating records.
- Maintain accurate World of Bluegrass registration records, and manage Registration Desk on-site at IBMA Business Conference—including oversight of volunteers
- Journal Accounts Receivable and make bank deposits weekly at IBMA office and daily during World of Bluegrass week in Raleigh, NC.
- Compile monthly membership reports.
- Compile weekly World of Bluegrass registration and ticket sales reports (festival, awards) during April – September.
- Enter Accounts Receivable to QuickBooks daily.
- Process Accounts Payable (with ED’s signature on checks) weekly.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Work with Financial Manager and Accountant, as needed.
- Create monthly QuickBooks finance reports for Executive Director and Finance Committee
- Create membership reports and finance reports for board meetings (3 times/year).
- Identify, recruit & manage volunteer department managers at WOB.
- Staff liaison for IBMA Membership Recruitment Committee
- Re-order office supplies as needed. Keep office supplies in mailing room organized
- Postage machine (maintenance, adding funds for more postage, year-end reports by class)
- Assist with seating Awards Show hall
- Assist with payroll and taxes as needed
- Answer email sent to email@example.com or re-route to appropriate staff
- Receptionist (light walk-in traffic at office)
- Sort mail, take mail to post office (daily)
- Attend board meetings with staff (2 times/year)
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist other staff as needed with reports, registration for events
Skills, experience & qualities
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience (CPA not required)
- Experience with Etix or other online event ticketing service
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Access, experience with cloud-based data storage programs
- Calm, organized, accurate, ethical, honest
- Ability to meet deadlines and be consistent about routine jobs
- Team player
- Courteous, patient with members and general public contacting office
- Based on experience
- Health insurance with 10% co-pay deduction from salary, after 6 months
- Matching IRA donations (up to 3% of salary) after 1 year
- Probation period: 6 months
- IBMA is an equal opportunity employer.