The Po’ Ramblin’ Boys are taking their hardcore, old school bluegrass back to Europe this month, for the second time in as many years.
Their prior visit, in September ’15, made a big hit with audiences across the continent and they are largely retracing those same steps this time around. Leaving tomorrow to begin two weeks of performances, the Boys will see stops in Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, and Switzerland.
The band is C.J. Lewandowski on mandolin, Jereme Brown on banjo, and Jasper Lorentzen on bass. Regular guitarist Josh Rinkel has been experiencing some heart health issues, and was not cleared to make the trip. Adam Poindexter will be going in his stead. Fiddler Billy Hurt will also be on the tour.
Dates on the tour include…
- October 14 – Lier (Belgium)
- October 15 – Grevenbicht (Netherlands)
- October 15 – Hoogstraten (Belgium)
- October 16 – Arendonk (Belgium)
- October 16 – Ravels (Belgium)
- October 17 – Utrecht (Netherlands)
- October 18 – Vlagtwedde (Netherlands)
- October 20 – Aalborg (Denmark)
- October 21 – Copenhagen (Denmark)
- October 22 – Copenhagen (Denmark)
- October 23 – Malmö (Sweden)
- October 26 – Reutlingen (Germany)
- October 27 – Selb (Germany)
- October 29 – Zurich, Switzerland
- October 30 – Liestal, Switzerland
Here’s video of the Boys at the SPBGMA convention earlier this year.
Full tour details can be found online.