East Tennessee’s Po’ Ramblin’ Boys, formed just last year to perform regularly at the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery in Gatlinburg, has been rapidly gathering steam with outside shows. So much so that they are currently preparing for an 8-day central European tour next month.
The Boys are unapologetic, traditional bluegrass purveyors, with a hard-edged, hard-driving sound. SwissGrass Productions are bringing them over for shows in Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Switzerland during late August and early September. They will perform at two major bluegrass festivals and a number of acoustic listening clubs across the region.
A mission to keep the traditional roots of bluegrass music alive is at the base of the band’s formation, and the guys are looking forward to taking their throwback sound overseas. C.J. Lewandowski in on mandolin, Jereme Brown on banjo, Jasper Lorentzen on bass, and Josh Rinkle on guitar.
Dates on the tour include:
- 8/27 – Keno Metropol – Kusterdingen (Germany)
- 8/28 – Bluegrass Festival – Birkenreid (Germany)
- 8/29 – House concert – Hoogstraten/Antwerpen (Belgium)
- 8/30 – De Vriendschap – Spanbroek (Netherlands)
- 9/2 – Schorem Haarsnijder en Barbier – Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- 9/4 – American Folk Club Rocking Chair – Zweidlen (Switzerland)
- 9/5 – Sunny Mountain Bluegrass Festival – Lommis (Switzerland)
- 9/6 – Guggenheim – Liestal (Switzerland)
Here’s video of the Po’ Ramblin’ Boys at work at Ole Smoky on a Jimmy Martin classic and a Larry Sparks anthem.
More details about the European tour can be found on Facebook.