The good folks at the International Bluegrass Music Association asked us to remind everyone that this Saturday is the deadline to get your application in for an official showcase spot during the Bluegrass Ramble at the 2015 World of Bluegrass convention in Raleigh, NC.
The convention will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center from September 29 through October 3, with the Bluegrass Ramble showcase concerts extending out into the downtown area at a number of venues and clubs. Each invited act will perform at least twice as a showcase artist, and have additional opportunities at outdoor stages during the city’s huge downtown block party over the weekend.
It is quite an honor to be selected, and many groups have used their showcase opportunities to make a jump to the next level.
There is a $500 processing fee for each chosen act, but the benefits extended are substantial:
- Complimentary booth space during business conference (value $600+)
- Full conference registration package for performing members of group (value $1000+)
- One organizational membership for group (value $205)
- Featured profile in conference program and on the WOB smart phone app
- Distribution of one mp3 per band on our AirPlay Direct account, providing radio DJ access to showcase band music
- Inclusion of one mp3 on the 2015 Noisetrade/IBMA Bluegrass Ramble compilation. Download the 2014 compilation free.
- Inclusion in the Bluegrass Ramble Spotify playlist, promoted on social media by IBMA
- Priority access to Gig Fair appointments
- Scheduled consultation in advance of events on maximizing showcase opportunities
An application can be submitted online, with a $25 fee required. According to the IBMA web site, the following items must be included, so have them ready:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recording (mp3 format only)
- One Hi-Res artist photo
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
IBMA will announce the roster of invited showcase artists sometime in the Spring.
Also remember that 2015 hotel reservations and World of Bluegrass early registration begins for IBMA members on March 31.