Frank Solivan’s good year continued on Sunday when he took home 8 trophies at the Washington Area Music Association Awards ceremony at the State Theater in Falls Church, VA. Not only did Frank, and his trusty touring band, Dirty Kitchen, all but sweep the bluegrass categories, he also snagged several awards in the general category, where all metro DC artists are up against each other, regardless of genre.
Frank and the band won 8 of the 9 categories in which they were nominated.
- Artist of the year – Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
- Album of the year – Cold Spell
- Song of the year – Cold Spell
- Musician of the year – Frank Solivan
- Songwriter of the year – Frank Solivan
- Bluegrass Vocalist of the Year – Frank Solivan
- Bluegrass Recording of the Year – Cold Spell
- Bluegrass Duo/Group of the Year – Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
You can see the list of nominees and winners on the WAMA web site.
Well done Frank and Dirty Kitchen!