Bluegrass Jamming Camp taught by Gilbert Nelson using the Wernick Method
South Myrtle Beach, SC at the Myrtle Beach KOA Campground
613 5th Avenue South, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Assisted by Leigh Nelson
Lunch included on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
* All bluegrass instruments welcome
* No jamming experience necessary
* You will be jamming the first class!
* Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
* Mistakes allowed!
* Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
* Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
* Soloing not required! “Faking” solos taught.
Do you qualify? It’s easier than you may think! If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro… you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
Only requirements: You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords.)
Thursday, May. 13 - Sunday, May. 16
Thu. May. 13th: 4pm - 7pm
Fri. May. 14th: 10am - 6pm
Sat. May. 15th: 10am - 6pm
Sun. May. 16th: 10am - 3pm
Myrtle Beach KOA Campground
613 5th Avenue South
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577