Bluegrass Jamming Class
Taught by Tara Shupe using the Wernick Method*
Wednesdays, Aug 23-Sep 27 6-9PM
Murray, UT Summerhays Music
Early Signup Discount: $15 until Aug 13!
This 6 week course runs August 23rd-September 27th from 6pm-9pm at Summerhays Music in Murray and teaches the basics of how to play in a bluegrass jam. Do you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro? Can you tune that thing? If you answered yes to both questions, you are in.
* Hands-on learning in large and small groups
* Learn many bluegrass standards
* Gentle tempos! Mistakes expected
* Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
* How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
* How to find melodies, fake solos, sing harmony
* Ear skills taught and emphasized, as in real bluegrass
* Tab/note reading skills not needed or used
* Group and individualized instruction on backup skills
* Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching!
Tara Shupe was born into a musical family, starting on mandolin at age 4. She learned fiddle and guitar soon after and began teaching in her teens. Her youth bluegrass band toured the world, played major U.S. festivals and recorded three albums. She has also performed in many rock, Celtic and folk bands and is currently in the folk-rock band Winter Grain, leads her own rock band Shupecabra, and performs bluegrass and folk solo throughout Utah. Her first solo acoustic album will be released in summer 2017. She teaches individuals and groups fiddle, mandolin and guitar in Salt Lake City.
Register Here: https://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/en/jamclasses/ts-2017-08/class_page/
$175 • Preregister by August 15th for $15 discount
You can link to more information from my website:
Wednesday, Aug. 23 - Wednesday, Sep. 27
Wed. Aug. 23rd: 6pm - 9pm
Wed. Aug. 30th: 6pm - 9pm
Wed. Sep. 6th: 6pm - 9pm
Wed. Sep. 13th: 6pm - 9pm
Wed. Sep. 20th: 6pm - 9pm
Wed. Sep. 27th: 6pm - 9pm
Murray, UT – WM Bluegrass Jam Class with Tara Shupe
5420 S Green St
Murray, Utah, 84123