Also announced yesterday were the Dove Award nominees for 2015, presented each year by the Gospel Music Association in Nashville, TN. They recognize excellence in all the various forms of contemporary Gospel music, including rock, pop, traditional, southern, inspirational, worship, hip/hop, choral… and bluegrass.
The nominees for bluegrass are few, but cherished by those who labor in that field.
The nominees for Bluegrass Song Of The Year are:
- Stacking Up Rocks – Balsam Range, (writer) Buddy Melton
- Mighty To Save – Chigger Hill Boys & Terri (writers) Ben Fielding, Reuben Morgan
- He Made The Tree – Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver, (writers) Tom Botkin and Donnie Skaggs
- God Is There – Lizzy Long & Rhonda Vincent, (writers) Wayne Haun and Joel Lindsey
- Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man (ft. Rhonda Vincent) – Volume Five, (writers) Dolly Parton and Dorothy Jo Owens
A number of bluegrass artists pop up in the Bluegrass/Country Album Of The Year as well.
- Angels Among Us – Alabama, (producers) Jeff Cook, Teddy Gentry, Randy Owen
- Worship Him – John Bowman, (producer) John Bowman
- Directions Home (Songs We Love, Songs You Know) – Point of Grace, (producers) Andy Leftwich, Stuart Dill, Rodger Ryan, Point Of Grace
- Here’s to the Ones – Rhett Walker Band, (producers) Paul Moak, Ed Cash, Rhett Walker Band
- Rock of Ages, Hymns and Gospel Favorites – The Oak Ridge Boys, (producers) Ben Isaacs, Duane Allen
The Dove Awards will be distributed during the annual awards show on October 13 in Nashville.
Congratulations to all the nominees. A complete list can be found online.